MILK DATES PEDA
This is a sweet dessert item found in Indian cuisine. It is a traditional food used to celebrate the Hindu festival of Diwali, also called Deepavali, the festival of lights
Sweetened condensed milk
: 1 cup
: 18-20 tbsps
Soak the dates in milk for about 5-6 hours. If not, heat milk and then add the dates, mix until it becomes soft. Let it cool. Take a microwave safe container and put the butter in it.
- Microwave for a minute then add the condensed milk, milk powder, dates paste and mix thoroughly.Microwave for 2 minutes and then stir the mixture.
- Repeat this step every 2 minutes and let it stay for about 6-8 minutes. Keep a close watch on the mixture, as it tends to bubble up, burn and ooze out from the container.
- Add the essence, mix and let this cool for about 45 minutes or 1 hour. If in the hurry then keep the mix in the fridge to cool.
- After this is cooled down, take a small portion, make balls and then flatten it on your palm. Make a dent at the centre with your thumb.
- Place a small piece of the date in the center.
- After it is cool, grind the dates along with milk to a smooth paste.
- Place raisin in the middle of each ball. This makes about 7 medium ladoos.