MUSHROOM & CHEESE RISOTTO
This risotto is amazingly tasty and easy to make. Great the next day, too.
(750 ml) sliced mushrooms
: 3 cups
(160 ml) chopped onion
: 2/3 cup
Clove garlic, minced
: 1 large
(500 ml) chicken broth
: 2 cups
(125 ml) dry white wine or additional broth
: 1/2 cup
(250 ml) grated Cheese
: 1 cup
Place butter in 9-inch (23-cm) square glass baking dish. On HIGH: Melt butter. Add mushrooms, onions and garlic.
- Stir to coat. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add rice, chicken broth and wine (if used). Cook uncovered, until rice is tender (about 20 to 30 minutes). Stir once halfway through cooking.
- If rice isn't moist enough, add more broth towards the end.
- Remove from microwave. Stir in Cheddar. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley if desired.