Tasty stuffed mushrooms are always a favorite party appetizer. A stuffed mushroom recipe with cheese and bread crumbs, perfect for any occasion.
Mushrooms (about 12 mushrooms)
: 8 oz
Bacon – chopped
: 3 slices
Finely chopped green onions
: 1/3 cup
Shredded cheddar cheese
: 2 tbsp
Wash mushrooms. Remove stems and chop them fine. Place mushroom caps on paper toweling on carousel or dinner plate.
- Microwave at medium-high 70% for 1-1 ½ minutes. Drain and set aside. Place bacon in medium sized bowl
- Microwave at high (100%) until crisp (about 3-4 minutes)
- Drain liquid Add chopped mushroom stems, onions, salt, pepper, and red pepper sauce.
- Microwave at high (100%) until mushrooms and onions are tender (about 2 ½ - 4 ½ minutes) Blend in flour, stir in cream until smooth.
- Reduce power to medium-high (70%) and microwave until thickened and smooth about 2 ½ - 4 minutes stirring once or twice during cooking time. Stir in cheese.
- Fill each mushroom cap with bacon mixture. Place around outer edge of pie plate or dinner plate Microwave at high (100%) until cheese melts about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Serve warm.