It's hard to believe something so simple and easy can, firstly, be low-fat and secondly, taste so very good. I guarantee that once you've made this once, you'll go on making it for ever.
Chicken cut into pieces medium
: 500 gms
Red chilli saucer
: 1/2 tsp
Garam masala, optional
: 1/2 tsp
White sesame seeds
: 3 tsp
In a large bowl, take soya sauce, ginger and garlic paste, honey, pepper, five spices(if using), vinegar, red chilli sauce and oil and stir until well blended.
- Coat the chicken pieces in this blend and marinade in the refrigerator for 2 hrs. or overnight, turning them occasionally. Drain the chicken pieces and keep the mixture aside.
- Place the chicken pieces on a glass or ceramic platter.
- Sprinkle 1 tbls of sesame seeds and cook high uncovered for 5 mins in microwave.
- Turn the pieces over with the help of a spoon or fork and brush the remaining mixture. Sprinkle the remaining sesame seeds and cook on high for another 5-6 mins.
- Let it stand for another 5 mins before removing from the microwave. Serve immediately.
- Make an approximate 12-14 pieces. You can always reduce the amount of oil used to half tbls, if you wish so.