MICROWAVE PLUM PUDDING
This is a rich dessert made of raisins, currants, flour, spices, suet, etc.On the first Sunday of Advent it is a good custom to make the plum pudding for the Christmas dinner, since it is better when it is allowed to age for some time.
Raisins (about 3/4 cup)
: 6 oz
(or 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon plus 1/2 tsp. ginger)
: 2 tsp
(or 1 cup flour plus 1/2 teaspoon baking soda)
: 1 cup
Mix raisins, molasses, cinnamon, baking powder, butter, and water in a pan over low heat, till the butter is melted.
- Stir together, then let it cool for a bit.
- Add the egg and the flour and stir.
- Line a 1 1/2 pint bowl with muslin or parchment paper and pour in the mixture.
- Microwave for 5 minutes on high.
- Turn the pudding out into a shallow dish. Pour the brandy over the pudding and serve with heavy cream, if desired.
- You can also serve this with a hard sauce made from confectioners sugar, butter, and rum or brandy.