Crispy beaten rice flavoured with peanut and spices makes a delicious any time snack and especially during festivals like diwali.
Patala Poha (Thin beaten rice)
: 2 lbs
Roasted chana dal (Daliya)
: 1 cup
Green chilies minced
Place the poha in a shallow microwave safe dish and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- In another microwave safe bowl, combine the oil and mustard seeds and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Add the green chillies, curry leaves, unsalted peanuts, roasted chana dal and turmeric powder and microwave on HIGH for 1 more minute.
- Add this to the poha. Mix well and microwave on HIGH for 1 more minute.
- After the ingredients are well mixed, turn off heat, take the pan off the stove and add sugar. Mix well to incorporate.
- Delicious crisp chivda is ready.
- Let it cool completely and store Chivda in an airtight container. Keeps well upto 2 months.