PRAWNS IN COCONUT
This is an exotic recipe which is known for its unforgettable taste and aroma.
Prawns, small, peeled (but with tails left on)
: 1/2 tsp
: 3-4, slit
Tender Green coconut, top lopped off and water drained.
: 1 tender
Wheat / Flour Dough
: A small ball to support coconut while cooking
Shell, de vein and wash the prawns.
- Mix the prawns with onions, turmeric, coconut milk, mustard paste uniformly. Keep the marinated prawns for 1-2 hours.
- Stuff the marinated prawns into the green coconut. Drizzle in oil. If top has been chopped off in one piece, you can put it back as a "lid".
- To make sure that the lid do not slid, put a ring of the maida dough along the circumference of the lid and then put it on top of the coconut.
- If you do not have the "lid" then you can close the tip of the coconut with aluminum foil.
- Now to keep the coconut shell erect while cooking, place another ring of the dough in the microwave and place the coconut on top of it so that it does not tilt.
- Set coconut on turntable of microwave oven, supported by dough ring. Cook on Medium (70-80 percent power) for atleast 1 hour.
- Since the green coconut shell is thick it takes and hour to cook.Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the coconut from the dough base and place it on a large serving platter - let it tilt and fall open.
- Serve with rice.