PUMPKIN INDIAN STYLE
This lip smacking pumpkin recipe is a favorite of north Indians. A very healthy avatar of the traditional version without losing its flavor and its nutrition.Loaded with vitamin A and antioxidant carotenoids, particularly alpha and beta-carotenes, it's a good source of vitamins C, K, and E, and lots of minerals, including magnesium, potassium, and iron.
Saunf (Aniseed fennel seed)
: 1 tsp
Methi powder ( fenugreek)
: 1 tsp
: 1/4 tsp
: 1 1/2 tsp
Ginger grated finely
: 1/2 inch
Green chillies chopped finely
Sugar(can be varied as per taste from 1 to 2 tsp)
: 1/2 tsp
Grate ginger finely
- Chop green chillies
- Make a thick paste of turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chillies powder and salt in 1/2 a tsp of water.
- Heat oil for 2 min on micro high.
- Fenugreek seeds,aniseed,and nigella.
- Micro high for one minutes.
- Add the paste of spices, stir and micro high for one minute.
- Add pumpkin and micro high for 6 minutes. Stir in between twice.
- Add the sugar stir well and micro for one minute.
- Finally add lime juice and cook for another one minute.
- Garnish with chopped coriander
- A great accompaniment would be hot pooris or parathas.
- Goes well in combination with Indian Dal (pulses),rice, curd too.