PUNJABI CHICKEN CURRY
A traditional North Indian (Punjabi) curry dish. An aromatic and spicy combination of chicken pieces cooked in a tomato based stew.
Chicken(cut into pieces)
: 800 gm
Onions(being made into a paste)
: 2 large
: 2 tbsp
Red chilli powder
: 1 tsp
Mix chicken pieces with curd, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder and salt and keep it marianted for half an hour in the refrigerator.
- Take a microwave-safe bowl, add ghee and onion paste, tomato puree, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Microwave covered at 100% power for 15-20 minutes,stirring in between.
- Add the marinated chicken to the onion paste and other masalas. Pour 1/2 to 1 cup of water and mix it thoroughly.
- Cover it and microwave at 100% power for 15-20 minutes, stirring in between.
- Add garam masala and further microwave at 80% power for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.