MICROWAVE PUNJABI CHOLE
This is an elaborate Punjabi delicacy.Chickpeas are packed with protein and high in fiber, and their buttery, nutty taste mixes well with this heavy on masala curry sauce.
Chick peas (kabuli chane)
: 1 cup
: 1/2 tsp
Rock salt (kala namak)
: 1 tsp
Chana masala powder
: 1 tbsp
Green chillies (chopped)
Garam masala powder
: 1 tsp
Tamarind paste (imli paste)
: 2 tbsp
Salt, black pepper and chilli powder
: To taste
Clean the chick peas and soak overnight. Drain the water.
- In a microwave sage bowl add chick peas, soda-bi-carbonate, rock salt and 6 cups of water and boil at 100% power for 15 mins.
- Then microwave covered it on 80% power for 20 mins. Stir in between and microwave at 40% for another 10 mins. Keep covered.
- Microwave oil at 100% power for 1 min. in another microwave safe bowl.
- Add onion slices, ginger and garlic paste, chillies and microwave at 100% power for 4 - 5 mins. Stir in between.
- Now mix chopped tomatoes, garam masala, salt, red chilli powder and chana masala. Microwave for 4 mins at 80% power.
- Now add boiled chick peas to it and microwave covered at 80% power for 5 - 6 mins. Now mix tamarind paste and microwave for 5 mins at 60% power.
- Allow to stand for 5 mins. Serve with kulcha, paranthas and naan.