PUNJABI HARA-BARA PULAO
There are different types of Punjabi recipes among which this hara - bara pulao is also a very tasty one.
: 1/4 thinly sliced
: 1 small cut long
: 4-5 cut long
: 13-15 florets
Green chilli - slit length wise
: 1/2 cup
Biryani Masala / Garam Masala
: 4-5 pieces
Wash the rice and keep aside.
- Grind ingredients 3 above into a smooth paste.
- Heat little oil in a microwavable dish (The dish should be deep to enable rice cooking.We also get microwave cooker which may be used.) for 30 sec.Then add this paste and heat for 1 -2 min. You should stir in between.
- Keep this roasted paste aside.
- Heat 3 tsp oil for 30 sec. again in microwave.
- Add all vegetables , and cashew. Microwave for 3 mins till all vegetables are fried lightly. Stir in between.
- Now add the fried paste, washed rice , salt, remaining oil, kismis and butter in the microwavable dish.
- Add about 2 - 2 1/2 glass of water. (You can add less water and then adjust in between).
- Keep the dish covered and microwave for 10min.
- Stir and again microwave for another 6 min.