RAGI (NACHNI) BALLS - KARNATAKA
This is very good for health as it contains calcium, protein, minerals and fiber. This recipe is a specialty from the southern state of Karnataka.A spoonful of ghee or a blob of homemade butter adds to the taste of this.
Ragi (Nachni) flour (raw)
: 2 cups
Boil water on stove.
- In a microwave safe bowl (should be wide)pour the boiled water and add oil and salt to it.
- Put one spoon of ragi flour and stir.
- Microwave covered HIGH for 1 minute.
- Remove from oven and put the remaining flour and stir well with a spoon so that no lumps remain.
- Cover with lid and microwave HIGH for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven, make 4 round balls and serve hot with vegetable sambhar.