"Rava Kesari" is a popular sweet item in the south indian states especially TamilNadu and Karnataka.It is easy to prepare and the ingredients are easily available and are cheaper too.It exists from the 18th century.
Roasted rava (sooji)
: 1 cup
: 1 1/2 cups to 2 cups
: 1/4 tsp
In a microwave safe bowl, add the ghee and cashews and micro high for 30 seconds.
- Add water and micro high for 2 minutes. Add rava, mix well and micro high for 2 minutes.
- Finally add the sugar, cardamom powder and mix well. Micro high again for 2 more minutes. If still watery, micro high again for 1 more minute.
- Alternatively you can substitute 1 cup of milk instead of 1 cup of water.
- Also, you can add a pinch of orange red food colour along with the sugar.
- Hot and simple Rava Kesari ready in minutes.