MICROWAVE SABOODANA KHICHADI - KARNATAKA
Sabudana or tapioca or pearl sago khichdi is not very famous among Konkanis. The only Konkani dish with sabudana, which I can recall, is sabudana paays. Though many people prepare this dish these days, this cannot be called as a Konkani dish.
Green chillies finely chopped
: 6 /7
Katori roasted peanut
Cilantro (coriander) cut and grated coconut
: 3 tbsp
Small potatoes boiled and cut into small pieces
: 2 (optional)
Soak and drain saboodana and keep covered over night. (It puffs up the next day).
- Mix peanut mill, sugar and salt with Saboodana.
- In a microwave safe bowl mix ghee, cut potatoes, cumin seeds and chillies.
- Microwave for 3 min. on high setting.
- Put in Saboodana mix . Mix well. Microwave for 3 min.
- Put lemon juice and mix well.
- Microwave for 3 more min.
- Remove from microwave garnish with coriander and coconut and serve hot