This is quick and easy to prepare for breakfast at work and this fits the bill beautifully, especially if you have only got a microwave oven and no stove available. This is so easy and delicious and the trick to make this work well is to cook it in the microwave twice.
Handful of grated tasty cheese
: To taste
Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
: To taste
Grab a tallish microwave proof jug or similar and break two or three eggs into it and beat well. Throw the other ingredients in and mix well.
- Now comes the tricky part, microwave on full for ONE minute, remove from the microwave and you will see that it will be partly cooked and hot on top.
- Mix well again and the hot, cooked bit will mix with the raw bit, microwave again on high for TWO minutes, Bingo, perfect scrambled eggs.
- DO NOT add milk as this will only make the egg mixture sloppy and watery.
- Serve at once with salt and pepper to taste, do not be tempted to add the salt before cooking as this will make the eggs rubbery.
- For a bit of variety, you could add other ingredients like chives or mixed herbs, the beauty of this is that it can be adapted to suit individual tastes.