Shahi Tukda is at the top of my favourite dessert list. The condensed milk gives the Shahi Tukda a finger licking taste.
Desi ghee (clarified butter) or butter
: 1 tbsp
Bread sliced into halves
: 4 slices
: 1 tsp
: 1/2 tsp
Finely sliced almonds
Finely sliced pistachios
Heat ghee in a shallow dish for 30 seconds.
- Place slices of bread and microwave for 4 minutes, turning the slices over after 2 minutes.
- In a deep bowl mix milk, condensed milk, raisins, saffron and cardamoms, and microwave for 4 minutes.
- Then microwave at 50% power for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the slices of bread in a serving dish and pour the thickened cooked milk over it.
- Sprinkle nutmeg, almonds and pistachios on top.