MICROWAVE SPINACH BALLS
Tiny balls of spinach and stuffing make a great appetizer recipe, and freeze well too so you can make them ahead of time and be ready for the holidays.
Spinach, frozen, chopped
: 1 pack (10 Oz)
Swiss Cheese, shredded
: 3/4 cup
Parmesan Cheese, grated
: 2 tbsp
Dry Bread Crumbs
: 1/4 cup
Place spinach pkg in microwave and cook on High 4 to 5 mins or until defrosted. (Adjust for your oven).
- Drain, pressing down hard to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Mix the spinach well with the Swiss and Parmesan cheeses, bread crumbs, onion, egg and salt.
- Shape into 1-inch balls, using 1 1/2 tsp of mixture for each ball. Place on wax paper-lined baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight.
- To serve, place balls on microwavable paper-towel-lined baking sheet.
- Microwave on High for 2 mins.
- Reduce power to Medium or half power. Microwave 4 1/2 to 6 mins, or until hot and just set, rearranging once or twice.