Try this Stewed Mangoes recipe which is very tangy and tasty.
Firm ripe mangoes
: 5 large
(varied as per sweetness of the fruit)
: 6 tbsp
(varied as per juiciness of the fruit)
: 4 tbsp
: 1/4 tsp
Vanilla icecream or
whipped sweetened cream chilled
: 3 cups
Cut mangoes in four pieces and deseeded.
- Place in 10" diameter dish cut sides down.
- Place the pieces next to each other.
- Sprinkle sugar over all the pieces.
- Mix essence in water. Sprinkle the water on mangoes.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Remove keep aside.
- In individual bowls, place 2 pieces of mangoes.
- Place a full scoop of vanilla icecream on top.
- Place a canned or fresh cherry on top.
- Serve immediately.