This classic strawberry jam recipe is made in your microwave. Very easy to make and everyone will love you for making this happy jam recipe.This is by far the easiest recipe I have found for strawberry jam without using a pectin. The jam is soft, spreadable and delicious.
Strawberries (works equally well with other berries too)
: 500 gms
Lemon juice (approx 1 and 1/2 lemons)
: 1/4 cup
Place small saucer in freezer Wash and prepare fruit and place in a LARGE microwave bowl with lemon juice.
- Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes until fruit softens slightly.
- Stir in sugar and microwave on high for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Drop small amount onto cold saucer and check for setting point - this will be slightly thinner than normal.
- Add 5 minutes more cooking on high if necessary (can vary for different fruits).
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes. Spoon into hot sterilised jars, seal and label. Yields 2 cups (2 average size jam jars)