STUFFED CABBAGE LEAVES RECIPE
These Stuffed Cabbage Leaves are fabulous ! These savory rice, meat and vegetables cabbage packages make a mindblowing combination with rice or any other suitable dish
Onion, finely chopped
Ground chuck steak
: 1 pound
Finely chopped parsley
: 1/4 cup
Freshly ground black pepper
Place the cabbage in a 3 quart glass or ceramic casserole.
- Add 1/2 cup cold water, cover, and cook 4 minutes on the highest setting, until the leaves can be loosened easily.
- Discard the tough outer leaves and select 12 or 14 large perfect leaves.
- Remove the heavy stems(Use the remaining cabbage for another meal.)
- Heat the oil in a 2-quart glass bowl in the microwave oven for 20 seconds.
- Add the onion and cook for 1 minute on the highest setting.
- Add the ground beef and cook for 3 minutes.
- Break up the beef with a fork and rotate the dish one-quarter of a turn after 1 1/2 minutes.
- Combine the onion and beef with the rice, tomato paste, parsley, allspice, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Place a little of the mixture in the center of each leaf.
- Fold the sides over and roll the leaves to form tidy packages.
- Place seam side down in a 12 inch glass baking dish.
- Add the beef broth and tomato sauce.
- Cover with waxed paper and cook for 8 minutes on the highest setting.
- Rotate the dish one-quarter of a turn after 3 minutes.