Stuffed Mushrooms is a very popular recipe.They are versatile and provide a number of nutrients including potassium, selenium, and the vitamins riboflavin and niacin. Of course, mushrooms stuffed with tasty fillings add to any party or family dinner.
Mushrooms (about 12 mushrooms)
: 8 oz
Bacon - chopped
: 3 slices
Finely chopped green onions
: 1/3 cup
Red pepper sauce
: 2 to 4 drops
Shredded cheddar cheese
: 2 tbsp
- Remove stems and chop them fine. Place mushroom caps on paper toweling on carousel or dinner plate. Microwave at medium-high 70% for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place bacon in medium sized bowl Microwave at high (100%) until crisp (about 3-4 minutes) Drain liquid
- Add chopped mushroom stems, onions, salt, pepper, and red pepper sauce. Microwave at high (100%) until mushrooms and onions are tender.
- Blend in flour, stir in cream until smooth. Reduce power to medium-high (70%) and microwave until thickened and smooth about 2-1/2 to 4 minutes stirring once or twice during cooking time. Stir in cheese.
- Fill each mushroom cap with bacon mixture. Place around outer edge of pie plate or dinner plate Microwave at high (100%) until cheese melts about 1 -2 minutes. Serve warm.