Tomato rasam is a poplular south Indian cuisine. It is also known as tomato charu and cooked daily as a part of meal in all over South India.
Cut tomatoes into half and put them in the microwave for 4 it shd cook the tomato fully.
- Mash the cooked tomato and squeeze and extract the juice from it,throw the rest in the bin. to 5 min(depending on ur microwave settings).
- Cut green chilli and onion into small pieces.add crushed garlic. in a vessel,heat oil,add curry leaves,jilakarra,aavalu,green chilli and onion.
- Fry them until onion is light brown. add the tomato extratct ,tamarind,salt,dhaniya powder,menthi powder,turmeric powder and salt to the vessel.
- Add 2 cups of water. boil it for 10 minutes,add cilantro and turn off the stove.
- Very tasty tomato charu is ready to go with rice.