The freshness of homemade tomato soup makes it superior to any ready-to-make packets. It isn't too much of an effort, and the result is a fragrant, tasty soup.
Salt and pepper
: To taste
Cook the tomatoes with some water in a bowl for 5 minutes on High mode and then place in cold water.
- Then remove the skin and puree it and drain for the seeds.
- In another bowl take butter, carrots, onion and celery and cook for 3 minutes at high.
- Puree the carrot mixture and mix with the tomato puree and the seasoning.
- Cook on high for 6 minutes. Serve with cream swirled on top.
- Mix back with the liquid and cook on high for 4 minutes and serve with croutons.