Vaali in Malvani means yardlong beans which is very healthy and tastes good when cooked.
: 1 medium
Freshly grated coconut
: 1 tbsp
Use a microwave safe glass bowl for this recipe as we will use oil. I made this sabji on 100% power. (default mode in my LG microwave)
- Chop the vaal and onions. Slit the chillies.
- Dry the bowl ( heat in microwave for 1-2 mins on high) and add the oil in it. Heat at 100% power for 1-2 mins. Now add the mustard and hing. Cover half with a lid, heat for 3 mins or till the mustard splutters.
- Now add the onions and microwave for 2 mins. Stir in between.
- Now add the green chillies, vaal and salt to taste. Add around 3/4-1 cup water, stir well and microwave for 5 mins.
- Stir once or twice in-between.
- Mix the grated coconut, cover and cook for another 5 mins. Add more water and cook if required as the beans may require more cooking.
- Serve as a side dish with rice-dal or with chapati/roti/bread.