India’s wool and woollen industry is the seventh largest in the world. India’s wool and woollen industry can be broadly be divided into 10 major product categories: worsted yarn, woollen yarn, wool tops, fabric, shoddy yarn, shoddy fabrics, blankets, knitwear, hand-made carpets and machine-made carpets.
- In India, raw wool export reached US$ 71,111.74 in 2020.
- US and EU are the key importers of Indian wool and wool-blended products.
- The export of woollen yarn, fabrics, made ups etc. reached US$ 181.23 million in 2020.
- The export of raw wool valued accounted for US$ 90,000 from April 2020 to January 2021.
- The woollen yarn, fabrics, made ups etc. export between April 2020 to January 2021 was US$ 88.25 and for the month of January 2021 alone it was US$ 10.7 million.