Retailers Association of India (RAI) always strives to follow the best practices to the retail industry and it's stakeholders. RAI's efforts has been centered around advocacy and government representations, bringing best practices to the industry, fostering retail learning and training, creating a reservoir of information through retail research, disseminating communication through magazines, newsletter, website, etc., for the benefit of it's members and the industry
Vision:To develop, facilitate and propagate practices that will help grow the Indian retail industry, leading to increased consumption and growth of the economy.
- To establish the growth of modern retail in India.
- To support retailers by providing the required knowledge and information.
- To lobby and liaise with the whole of the government for easier establishment and operations of retailing in India.
- To educate and train retailers mainly to adopt modern retail practices in India.
- To work for customer delight by helping retailers create the right retail environment.
- To encourage adoption of the right values, transparency and code of conduct by retailers.
- The Retailer should issue a bill for every transaction.
- The Retailer should be registered under VAT/Service tax.
- The Retailer should not be employing child labour.
- More than 50% of the Organisation's business or 100 Crore which ever is less should be from retail activities.