Video - In and Around Panch Mandir
Significance of the temple
The "Panch Mandir" may be said to be an architectural marvel of the golden past and one would always appreciate the splendid monument that has an aesthetic appeal for the devotees. The "Panch Mandir" of the Kapurthala town is always full of devotees who visit the holy shrine in search of peace of mind and soul. The clean and well maintained surrounding of the temple is an epitome of "purity" and "eternal happiness".
In the year 2008, Pandit Ram Gopal Dixit has been serving as a Senior Priest of Shri Panch-Dev Mandir of RustamGarh, Etah. Raised area where deities reside is referred as shrine, the lower area is known as assembly hall, Shrine with assembly hall is referred as prayer hall. Two storeys in the north side building in the complex has office area and visitor area. Adjacent to the office building is the temple kitchen.
One would always appreciate the splendid monument that has an aesthetic appeal for the devotees. The awe inspiring structure of the "Panch Mandir" has its model in one of the museums of Lahore, now in Pakistan.
Other places to visit
||Nearby tourist places to Panch Mandir Temple
- Jagatjit Palace is, indisputably, Kapurthala`s most famous building. It was, once upon a time, the home of Maharaja Jagatjit Singh. It was constructed in 1906 by M. Marcel under the Maharaja`s guidance. The architecture of the temple was inspired by the Palaces of Versallies and Fontainbleau.
- The Mazar of Mir Nasir Ahmed, stands amidst dense shrubbery. Mir Nasir Ahmed, a descendant of the legendary Tansen, founded the Kapurthala Gharana, or the school of music.
- Shahi Samadhs in the Shalimar Gardens emphasize the traditions of its ruling dynasty. Marble obelisks inside the red sandstone chambers, are the memorials to the former rulers and their families.
How to Reach the Temple
- By air to reach Panch Mandir the nearest airport to Jalandhar is at Amritsar, which is well connected to the rest of the country.
- If one has to go by railways,the Jalandhar City Railway Station is an important station on the Delhi-Amritsar Railway line, making Jalandhar easily accessible. Regular trains connect Jalandhar to major cities.
- By Road-the city is acquainted with good roads and a vast network of bus services connecting it to rest of India. To travel around the city one can use rickshaws, taxis or rent a car.