Ram Charan Teja
Ram Charan Teja Konidala who is also popularly known as Cheery by his fans is an actor of Tollywood Film industry. Ram Charan is also more fluent in Tamil. His is from a family that has dedicated their life to cinema.
He is the son of the Megastar Chiranjeevi, grandson of veteran comedy actor Allu Ramalingaiah, nephew of producer Allu Aravind and actor Pawan Kalyan and is also a very close cousin to fellow actor Allu Arjun. His mother name is Konidela Surekha and he also has sisters named Sushmita and Srija. He enjoyed his school life in Chennai, Ooty, Tamil Nadu and in Hyderabad Public School in Andhra Pradesh. He has set a standard for himself and also has made his mark in the Tollywood industry even though he was from a very filmy background.
Date Of Birth : Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, India
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Date Of Birth: 27th March, 1985
- Ram Charan Teja made his film debut in the year 2007 with the film Chirutha, which was directed by director Puri Jagannadh. The movie did a good performance at the box office.
- Ram Charan's performance was well-received by both the film critics and the audience. Eventually he received the Filmfare Best Male Debut(South) and also Nandi Special Jury Award for the role he portrayed in this remarkable film.
In the year 2007 at Nandi Award- Special Jury for Chirutha
In the year 2007 - Cinema Award - Best Male Debut for Chirutha
In the year 2007 - Filmfare Award - Best Male Debut for Chirutha
- He is one of the most successful star in the Tollywood industry and reportedly earns 5-6 crores for a film and 1-2 crores for commercials.
- Ram Charan Teja made his film debut in the year 2007 with the film Chirutha, which was directed by director Puri Jagannadh. The movie did a good performance at the box office. Ram Charan's performance was very well-received by both the film critics and the audience. Eventually he received the Filmfare Best Male Debut(South) and also Nandi Special Jury Award for the role he portrayed in the film.
- His next film was directed by the ace director S. S. Rajamouli. The film was Magadheera which released in the year 2009. It emerged as a critical as well as a huge commercial success of the year. This film eventually broke all the records and ran in theatres for an uninterrupted 300 plus days and also became the most highest grossing Telugu film after earning around rupees 87 crores.
- The movie was also a show stealer at South Indian Filmfare awards of the year 2009 with SIX awards and Ram Charan Teja getting the Filmfare Best Actor Award and also the Nandi Special Jury Award for the same. After celebrating the success of the the mega block buster film Magadheera, Ram Charan Teja lined it up with a romantic entertainer film called Orange.
- The film was directed by the ace director Bommarillu Bhaskar and produced by the producer Nagendra Babu. The movie failed to do well at the box office and was not commercially successful but the film received huge appreciations from many of the legendary directors of Telugu film industry. Ram Charan's next movie is titled Rachaa which is done by director Sampath Nandi.
- The movie is being jointly produced by producers Paras Jain and NV Prasad under the banner of Super Good Films. Ram Charan Teja went to USA for a few couple of months to get himself well trained in the various martial arts of the world. Tamannaah Bhatia is known to be the female lead of the film.
- He was the brand ambassador for the cooldrink giant Pepsi and network giant Airtel in the state Andhra Pradesh for sometime. Now he is the brand ambassador for the network company Tata DoCoMo for Andhra Pradesh region.
- Ram Charan is married to his life long time girlfriend, Upasna Kamineni. The glamourous engagement event took place in the vibrant city of Hyderabad on December 1st 2011. Upasna is the granddaughter of Prathap Reddy, Managing Director of the Apollo groups and the daughter of Shobana Kamineni and Anil Kamineni. She is the vice-president of Apollo Charity club and chief editor of B Positive magazine. He then tied the knot to her on June 14th at Temple Trees, Himayathsagar in Hyderabad.