Video - In and Around Sri Viswaroopa Panchamukha Anjaneya Swami Ashram
Who built the temple and when
When Periakuppam village was presented as a site for the Ashram, such Divine approval was readily available, though the significance of the place was not known at that time. The Ashram is managed by Sri Viswaroopa Panchamukha Anjaneya Swami Foundation.The foundation has established an ashram at Tiruvallur wherein a 40 feet monolithic green granite murti of Lord Viswaroopa Panchamukha Hanuman(also known as Panchamukhi Hanuman) has been installed and regular poojas are being conducted 6 times a day.
Significance of the temple
Subsequently it became evident from a study of the ancient scrolls that this site has place in the legends. Lord Hanumanji, while carrying the Sanjeeva Parvatha to Sri Lanka, stopped here for a while to see Sage Agasthya performing poojas to a Siva linga. At that time this place was called Rudra vanam and was abode of Sages and Siddha Purushas. As per the "spool", the Siva linga worshipped by Sage Agasthya will surface as the right time. Tiruvallur, which lies in the Chennai-Thiruthani-Thirupathi route,45 kilometers from City Chennai, is already well known for the Divya Desam - Sri Vaidya Veeraraghava swami temple coming under the management of Ahobila Mutt.It was found out that the swami stone has an extraordinarily high specific gravity implying that the swami stone's age runs into many, many thousands of years. This is corroborated by the understanding of the sthapathis who had to use large number of diamond cutting wheels while sculpturing
The gigantic swami stone was transported from Hassan, Karnataka, covering a distance of 610 kms, placed on a 120 tyred trailer and pulled by 2 massive prime-movers. The transportation from Hassan to the outskirts of Tiruvallur took only 22 days, crossing many bridges and ghat sections. A truly amazing feat!
This is known to be only pradishta in the world to be made under Mantra Shastra. The powerful Moola Manthras or Sacred Mantras of Sri Panchamukha Hanuman is displayed on the walls of the ashram, to be chanted by the devotees, without any discrimination. One of the principal objectives of Sri Viswaroopa Panchamukha AnjaneyaSwami Foundation is the propagation of Mantra,Yantra Shastras
The Sri Panchamukha Hanuman of Tiruvallur who is going to benefact the vast humanity should be a towering personality and hence Swamiji decided on a Viswaroopa murti of 40 feet height. The five faces are described hereunder:
- The Murti face towards the East is Sri Hanuman Mukha in its original form. This Hanuman face removes all blemishes of sin and confers purity of mind.
- The Murti facing the South is Sri Karala Ugravira Narasimha Swami, removes fear of enemies and confers victory.
- The Murti face facing the west is of Lord Sri Mahavira Garuda and this west side face drives away evil spells, black magic influences, etc., and removes all evil effects in one's body.
- The face facing North is of Sri Lakshmi Varaha murthi which takes off the troubles caused by bad influences of the planets and confers all prosperity-Ashta Aishwarya.
- The Murti facing upwards of Urdhva Mukha of Sri Hayagriva Swami confers knowledge, victory, good wife and progeny.
Gods form and explanation
The God form is Sri Hanumanji, whose creation was caused by Lord Shiva, entered the ashram site on Somavara pradoksham, a day of extreme significance for Shiva pooja.
Lord Hanumanji is worshipped all over India with various names like Hanumanji, Anjaneya, Maruti, Mahavir, Bajrang Bali, Pavan puthr. He was born to the Wind God Pavan and Anjana Devi. Lord Hanuman is one of the seven chiranjeevis(immortal ones). The Sun God Suryadev is considered as his Guru.The Valmiki Ramayan has a seperate section called Sundara Kandam or Sundar kand, which describes in detail the leelas of Lord Hanuman is his search for Sita , across the sea. Hanuman represents the Guru or Divine teacher.
Time to visit
The celebration of Hanumath Jayanthi is in the month of Marghazi in Tamil. It comes frequently in the month of December or January. The birth star of Lord Hanuman is Moola Nakshatra. Elaborate Poojas are conducted to Lord Hanuman and special Abhishekams are done. Sri Panchamukha Anjaneya Swami Moola Mantra Homam is is also performed
The celebration of Vasantha Navarathri Maha Chandi and Sharada Navarathri Maha Chandi are performed by foundation. They performs Chandi Homam(also known as Chandi Havan) twice in a year, during Sharada Navarathri in the month of October(Durga Puja) and Vasantha Navarathri in the month of April.
The Two Main Festivals celebrated here are Hanumanth Jayanthi and Navarathri.
|The Poojya Sri Venkatesa Battachar had been performing them for 30 years, ever since his Guru Sri Rangaswami Battachar initiated him.||Nearby tourist places to Sri Viswaroopa Panchamukha Anjaneya Swami Ashram
How to Reach the Temple
- Tiruvallur is situated at 45 kms from Chennai on the Chennai-Thiruthani-Thirupati route and the famous Vaidhya Veera Raghavaswami Temple is situated here.
- The nearest Airport is Chennai,TamilNadu.
- It is is also connected by rail. You need to get down at Tiruvallur railway station.
- Fom Chennai,to reach the Panchamukha Anjaneya Swami Ashram, take the road identified by a Ashram sign board from "oil mill junction" at Tiruvallur and be guided by sign boards placed at every intersection. /li>