For the first time, the leading manufacturers have come together to form an association - The Construction Chemicals Manufacturers' Association (CCMA). The key objective of CCMA will be to promote the growth of the construction chemicals industry by raising the awareness and quality standards as well act as a representative body for communicating with government, chambers of commerce, regulatory authorities and other forums, be it domestic or international.
- CCMA intends to start publishing of Quarterly News Letter.
- CCMA would take initiative to draft a Code of Conduct for Manpower Poaching.
- CCMA has already initiated many such action to represent the industry and take the matter with respective State Governments in order to have a Common VAT system.
- CCMA intends to approach the main Excise Department in order to get more clarification on Excise Tariff on various end products.
- CCMA intends to help to draft ISI Code for all products.
VISION :CCMA is planning to start a laboratory cum training centre for applicator in association with an existing reputed laboratory or may start their own laboratory cum training centre depending upon members concurrence. This laboratory cum training centre is expected to benefit both the manufacturer and end user in the use and application of construction chemicals. To provide a forum for Construction Chemicals Manufacturers in lndia which is meant to promote the interest of its members in relation to commerce and industry in India and in particular, to identify and discuss common problems facing the construction chemicals industry to arrive at solutions, including exchange of information among its members.
To educate and spread awareness to the members through seminars, meetings, get together, execution, etc. on provisions of various central and state enactments and their amendments. To promote and also to accelerate the growth of the Construction Chemicals Industry in India by collecting and disseminating statistical and technical information and creating awareness to maintain high standards amongst users. To be a constructive forum to communicate with Governmental Agency / Associations, Chambers of Commerce and other commercial, industrial and public bodies within or outside India to promote the objectives of the Association.
To stand out as a body to continuously impart awareness amongst construction chemicals manufacturers and to maintain high standards and business ethics in manufacture and the services provided for the benefit of end users, through continuous education programmers by means of training and upgrading the skills of personnel by organizing workshops, conferences, lectures, seminars, disseminating information through periodicals or journals, books, institution of scholarships, fellowships, awards, and encouraging research studies, in the field of construction chemicals.
To subscribe or majorly to become a member of or otherwise affiliate or cooperate with any other body in India or elsewhere with which the association has common interest to establish, cooperate with, or receive into the Association or otherwise assist any Association or accept affiliation of any other Association having objectives similar to those of the Association. To establish just and equitable standards and principles in construction chemicals manufacture, trade and commerce and to regulate the conduct and practice of construction chemicals trade and manufacture. To do all such acts, deeds and things as may be necessary and conducive to the manufacture, and development of trade and commerce in relation to or incidental to the construction chemicals industry, in the promotion or attainment, or in the overall interest of the objectives of the Association.
- PATRON MEMBER: The Managing Committee with its sole discretion can admit any person, body, corporate, firm or an Institution as a PATRON MEMBER who desires to be so admitted on paying the prescribed donations and annual fees, as decided.
- HONORARY MEMBER: With the approval of the General Body in its meeting, the Managing Committee would at its sole discretion invite and admit distinguished person or persons who have made outstanding contributions in construction chemicals industry, and/or distinguished persons, who are capable of making valuable contributions for the activities of the Association, as Honorary Members. Term will be of a period not exceeding twelve months, unless extended by the managing committee for further term, and such Honorary Members will not be required to pay either admission fees or annual subscription.
- ORDINARY MEMBER: Any firm or body corporate or institution which is incorporated in India under Indian legislations engaged in the construction chemicals manufacture and trade, under their own brand or at least present in four categories covered under the definition of "construction chemicals" are eligible to become an ORDINARY MEMBER of the Association, on payment of prescribed admission fees and annual subscription, as decided, provided that such firms or body corporate shall have a minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience in the Industry in India or overseas under foreign collaboration or otherwise, and that their average net worth for the preceding three financial years shall not be less than Rs.1 crore.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBER: Firms or body corporates, who do not qualify to be admitted as ORDINARY member and/or suppliers, dealers, distributors or any persons engaged in the business of construction chemicals or incidental to construction chemicals manufacture or trade may be admitted as Associate member.
- PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATE MEMBER: Persons representing educational institutions, Govt. Departments, Professional Bodies, or engaged in working as Consultants directly connected with the Construction Chemicals industry may be admitted, on the recommendation of at least 2 Ordinary Members, as Professional Associate Member, on payment of admission fee and annual subscription as decided.
- AFFILIATE MEMBER: The Managing committee may admit at its discretion any Association registered under any Indian Laws under whatever name described, as "Affiliate Member" on payment of the prescribed admission fee and annual subscription.